Open Sound System for SCO OSR5
OSS 3.9.8g announced
- Addred support for SCO Open Server 6
- Added support for ATI IXP audio device
- Added "record-what-you-hear" for AC97 devices
- Added SPDIF support for Sound Blaster PCI128-Digital versions
- Updates SBLive/Audigy/Audigy2 drivers - AC3 passthrough added
- 4Front Virtual Mixer now comes standard with the OSS drivers. An advanced
version with builtin equalizers, loopback audio recording, individual volume
control is also available with an extra licensing fee. The basic Virtual
Mixer technology allows users to play upto 4 audio apps at the same time.
There is no special programming required (unlike ESD or aRTsd) as the
Virtual Mixer devices behave exactly like the physcal hardware devices.
Virtual Mixer contains 4Front's proprietary profesional quality sample rate
convertors that handle the mixing of various audio applications.
4Front Advanced Audio Technologies:
- Virtual Synth - software wavetable synthesizer fo
r any 16bit audio card
- Input Multiplexer - record audio in multiple formats
at the same time using a single input source.
- Virtual Mixer - mix up to 8 separate audio apps i
n real time